Clickshare Service Corp., based in Amherst, Massachusetts, has been providing user registration, authentication, access control and e-commerce services for more than 10 years to web and print publishers, registering over 3.3 million accounts.
Among Clickshare’s customers are:
- The New York Times Company (at Worcester, Mass.)
- A.H. Belo Corp. (at Providence, R.I.)
- The McClatchy Company (at Lexington, Ky.)
- Journal Register Company
- Landmark Media Enterprises LLC (at Norfolk, Va.)
- Sun-Times Media
- Crain Communications Inc.
Clickshare was formed in 1997, raised $2.9 million in equity capital through 2001, and has operated on revenues since. Shareholders include the University of Massachusetts, venture investors, PeopleSoft founder David Duffield and former publishing executives of the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Sun-Times, Chicago Reader and Philadelphia Inquirer.